Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2 mile run this morning. 20:32

I had my appointment with Dr. Rich this morning about my knee. Good news! I just need to build up my inner quad muscle (I have no idea what that is really called) When I run longer distances or more miles it fatigues and so my bigger or outside muscle takes over pulling my knee to the outside causing it to rub which is causing the pain. He gave me some exercises to do and a brace to wear. I am SO glad it is not something more serious. I really like him and would totally recommend him to anyone with a sports injury!

Went for my 3rd run in 24 hours. 3 miles ... 34 min! Wow! I have not run that slow in a LONG time. It was more that I took a lot of walk breaks ... as in I think I walked 1/4 of it. I was dead! I just could not make my legs move faster. I ran up Prove canyon again, totally planning on doing 5 miles but there was no way. It was hot and I was just beat. A little worried about the race next weekend. Good thing my long run is at the beginning AND my last leg is down hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment