Sunday, June 12, 2011

Utah Vally Half Marathon! I still can't believe that I did a half marathon. You know how I don't love to run so doing more than a 5 or 10k has not really been on my list. Not really sure how, but Peter talked me into it a few months back. So, how did it go? Well, I am glad I did it, and I am really glad it is over! It was hard, I am not going to lie. It was such a great site to see the sea of runners going down Provo canyon. I started off great. I was worried about my knee going into the race (I had been having trouble with it) but my knee felt fine. Miles 1-about 7 or 8 were good. I was keeping a good pace and feeling good. (pace around 10:30) Miles 8-10 were getting hard. My endurance was waning. I hit mile 10 and pretty much fell apart. I just lost it. I slowed way down, really affecting my pace. It was just hard, it hurt to walk, I didn't have it in me to run. But I did it. I somehow got through the last 3 miles. My goal was to not go over 2:30. I managed to do it in 2:30! Boy it was hard. I do wish I had been just a little more prepared. There is a part of me saying that I never want to do that again, but somewhere deep down inside I sorta, kinda, might want to try it again ... just to do it a little faster, in not so much pain. ;) For now I am just going to focus on being able to get up the stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment