Friday, June 3, 2011

I decided to look up a half marathon training schedule (I have been kinda going off Peter's). Just curious what they would say to be doing the last two weeks before the race. I decided to go with their plan. Tuesday was a rest day, Wednesday 4 miles (it was the longest four miles. I felt fine, but I just could NOT get into it.), Thursday 3 miles (three miles now feels so easy and almost fun as a training run. My knee was not being happy on this run. Oh and I saw TWO snakes on the trail.). My knee has been getting more and more sore. I have been icing it like crazy! I know that the best thing right now would be to stay off it ... but how can I do that 8 days before the race? Will missing those last 15 miles of training really make a difference at this point? I just need to get through the next week and then I can be done! I don't want to do this again and I really don't want to not do it because of an injury. I am suppose to do 8 miles tomorrow ... but I am not sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment