Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yuba Lake Triathlon

Over all a pretty good race ... for not having trained. Small race. According to the race results there were only 181 people in the sprint. I really enjoyed the course. It was a cold morning. The water was nice but because of the cold air and being wet it was a very cold start to the bike. Perfect weather for running. I was not impressed with how the race was run as far as having support/volunteers on the course. There just weren't any. Other than that it was a nicely done race. I had VERY little expectations of myself going into this race. I have not been training for it so I was just going to have fun and enjoy. It took a lot of pressure off. My swim sucked. I started in the back and that was a mistake. I was trapped with all the non-swimmers. I did not get in the water ahead of time and I know that is also a mistake. I did not get into a good rhythm until just before the first buoy. Once I got some space and could relax I was good to go. It ended up costing me several minutes in the end. My transitions were slow. But I was not really trying to hurry. In the end it is my run that kills me. I am just slow ... too slow. All and all I had a fun. It went as well as could be expected. I now have plenty of room for improvement for my next one (next year).

Final Time : 1:45:46
Swim: 21:05
T1: 3:27
Bike: 45:14
T2: 2:28
Run: 33:31

1 comment:

  1. You rocked it sista. Good job. Come down in May and do SheROX with me!

    ReplyDelete