Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday -- set out to do 11 this afternoon. Had a nice route in mind. Turned around at 5.5 and was starting to feel really good. Slow .. but good. I am working on not caring about speed and caring more about how I am feeling and endurance. The winds started ... oh boy! Then the rain. At first it felt nice cause I was kinda warm. But then it started raining really hard. I had not seen Pete since about mile 3. I was coming up on a spot that if we wanted to bail we could, but after that we would have to finish the last 3.5 miles to home. I ducked under a tree and waited for a few min. Not seeing him coming I kinda got worried. How did I end up so far ahead of him. I decided to start running back the way we had come to try and find him. I did. We decided to seek shelter and see if the rain would let up. I was starting to get really cold. I didn't mind running in the rain, but I did mind the wet cold that was setting in. Just before we got to where we were headed mom pulled up. She had been headed home herself when the rain started and decided to come looking for us. Thankfully she rescued us. I ended up getting in a nice 7.5 mile run. Wouldn't you know it, the day I am feeling good we have to cut it short. I am noticing that I do feel like I am getting better with the distance. When I ran 7, it got really hard around mile 6. When ran 8, it got hard around mile 6 and 7. When I ran 9.5 it got hard around mile 7 and 8. Today I was feeling really good at mile 7+. I have got this week and next week to get some good miles in before the race in 3 weeks. Of course I wish I had a couple more weeks to get comfortable with the longer runs. 13.1 is going to be hard, no doubt, but I am starting to feel like I just might be able to do this ... not promising in a timely manner. They did say the course would be open for 6 hours! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment