Saturday, August 29, 2009

I actually looked up a run/walk training plan on RunnersWorld.com. I really am starting over and I need to ease into it. My body and my heart are just not going to let me do it any other way. I have never been a run/walker. I have always thought of walking as a "wussing out" sort of thing. But I have talked to a bunch of people and this seems to be a pretty acceptable way to train. So I need to get over my mindset that walking is wussing out.

I started my plan this morning (it is an eight week plan so I will start for real next week). Run 2 min walk 1 for 30 min. It almost killed me to do it like this, I wanted to just keep running but knew I wouldn't be able to .... but I am really going to try and stick to the plan. I am trying to use this plan to increase my speed as well. Lets hope this helps me not so frustrated as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment